Be an Artist
The three main categories of tricks are climbs, wraps, and drops.
They are not just good for toning muscles; they allow significant energy expenditure too!
Why should you attend Aerial Silk?
- Increase muscle strength – not just the muscles of the limbs, but those of the core body too
- Encourages body awareness
- Increases adventure and playfulness
- Inspires positive life changes
- Calms the nervous system and offers support
- Recent surgery (esp. shoulder, eyes, back, hips, hands or wrist)
- Heart disease
- Very high or low blood pressure
- Easy onset vertigo
- Osteoporsis/ bone weakness
- Recent head injury
- Cerebral sclerosis
- Propensity for fainting
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Severe arthritis
- Sinusitis or head cold
- Hiatal hernia, disc herniation or acute discogenic disease
- Recent stroke
- Artificial hips
- Radicultis (inflammation of nerve root in spine)
- Severe muscle spasms
- Botox injections (within 6 hours)
What to wear?
Comfortable sports attire. Long leggings and fitting clothing are strongly recommended. No footwear required