Fun new ways to do Yoga
Aerial Yoga takes your yoga practice off the mat into the air and yet still incorporates all the benefits and enjoyments of regular yoga.
Suspending your body elongates your spine and frees up physical compression for healthier joint mobilization. This new yoga technique will also develop tremendous upper body and core strength. You will feel like you are flying!
Why should you attend Aerial Yoga?
- Increased pose access and improved balance
- Improved alignment and pain relief
- Encourages body awareness, focus and a meditative practice
- Increases adventure and playfulness
- Inspires positive life changes
- Calms the nervous system and offers support
- Recent surgery (esp. shoulder, eyes, back, hips, hands or wrist)
- Heart disease
- Very high or low blood pressure
- Easy onset vertigo
- Osteoporsis/ bone weakness
- Recent head injury
- Cerebral sclerosis
- Propensity for fainting
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Severe arthritis
- Sinusitis or head cold
- Hiatal hernia, disc herniation or acute discogenic disease
- Recent stroke
- Artificial hips
- Radicultis (inflammation of nerve root in spine)
- Severe muscle spasms
- Botox injections (within 6 hours)
What to wear?
Comfortable sports attire. Long leggings and fitting clothing are strongly recommended. No footwear required